Sunday, January 8, 2012

Go Pack Go!

I haven't had a whole lot of time to scrap just because lately, so even though this isn't my all time favorite layout, I'm happy to have this photo scrapped and in my album.


Last year the owner of my local scrap store procured some Packer scrapbook paper for me (because she knows I'm such a fan), so scrapping last year's game photo was easy. This year, I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do since I didn't have any of that paper left. Then I saw it, when wandering the store, I saw the greens and yellows of My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 2 line, and knew it would be great for my Packer photos.

The glittered papers add some extra fun, and there are lots of great titles and layered stickers. What didn't work on it's own, I just changed. For example, the "WIN" stickers actually said, "YOU". I just used some alphas in the right size and color to change it to WIN, since the packers had a 35 - 21 victory over the Bears that game.

To create the journaling labels, I used a Spellbinders set to cut 2 labels from a cream colored patterned paper. I then used the die as a mask and sponged on some Tim Holtz Distressed ink in Antique Linen to add a bit more pizazz to the labels.

Thanks for stopping by!