Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seed Packets Redone

About a month ago I shared this tutorial with you on making cards that hold seed packs. This week I needed a little gift for 5 women who were serving on a panel at our MOPS meeting. I decided that these would make a great gift, and they're easy enough that making 1/2 dozen wasn't a chore. I wanted to share with you how using different paper and making a few changes gives the card a completely different look.


I used Jillibean Soups' new Blossom soup. It's bright, springy, and perfect for this project. Instead of tying the card shut with twine (like I did in the tutorial), I'm using a button. The top flap slips easily under the button, which is attached with a Glue Dot® to the front of the card.


The butterflies were fussy cut from the paper, and layered 3 deep for dimension.

If you decide to make your own version of these seed packet holders I'd love to see it!

No comments: