Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Everybody Love and Irish Girl

I have a good bit of Irish blood in me, I'm proud of the fact that I'm an Irish girl, and I love celebrating that on St. Patty's Day. This year I decided to use Permanent Glue Dots ® to create a no sew St. Patty's Day pin.


What you'll Need:


Permanent Glue Dots®
Green Polyester Fabric (I'm using an old shirt that I no longer want)
Scissors
Circles in different sizes for tracing (I used 6 circles, starting at 3 1/2" and going down in size by 1/4" increments)
Small Candle
Pin back
Decorative button or jewels

1. Trace your circles onto green fabric and cut out.
2. Cut petals into the circles. Don't cut very far in. I averaged about 5 petals per circle.


3. Light your candle. Hold each circle over the candle to melt the edges. Take care not to burn the fabric or your fingers.


4. You should now have about 6 - 8 flowers, in different sizes, that look like this:


5. Use Permanent Glue Dots® to layer the flowers on top of each other, starting with the largest, and ending with the smallest.

6. Use Permanent Glue Dots® to attach a pin back to the back of your flower and a decorative button or jewel to the front of your flower.

7. Enjoy your bit 'o green for St. Patty's Day!


** A note about sizing - your finished pin will be about 1/2" smaller than your largest circle (due to the fabric shrinking when it is melted). My largest circle was 3 1/2", so my pin measures about 3". If you'd like your pin to be a different size, just determine what size you want the finished pin to be and add 1/2".

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

No comments: