Sunday, February 27, 2011

Seed Packet Holder

I put together a fun fun card for Glue Dots® this month. It's a card with a little extra bonus inside. There's a pocket for placing a few seed packets for the gardener in your life. I'm thinking it would be a great for a spring birthday, Mother's Day, or even Earth Day (which happens to be April 22 this year). Here's what the finished product looks like:



To make this you'll need:
Glue Dots® (whatever size you prefer)
Glue Dots® Lines
12" x 4 1/4" piece of Card Stock
Patterned Paper (I used Cosmo Cricket's Upcycle)
Decorative Edge Punch
Twine or Ribbon
Embellishments
Scoring Tool (I love my Martha Stewart Score Board!)

To make the base, score your 12" x 4 1/4" piece of card stock at 5", 5 1/4", 10 1/2", and 10 3/4".


At this point you can decorate the card stock with patterned papers.

To make the seed pocket on the inside, you will need a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of paper.
Use a decorative edge punch to punch the top edge of the paper.
Score both sides and the bottom edge of the paper at 1/4" and 3/8". Fold along the score lines to create a pocket.
Here's what the pocket should look like once you're done scoring and folding.

Use Glue Dots® Lines to attach the pocket to the inside of the card.

To finish up your card, add embellishments. Here, I used Glue Dots® to attach buttons. I also cut flowers from Cosmo Cricket's Upcycle paper. I added dimension to the flowers by Pop Up Glue Dots®.

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

No comments: