Sunday, February 13, 2011

Journal and a Sneak

Life has been so crazy fun these past few weeks (except for the strep that 3 of us got). First up, I need to mention that if you live in the Northwest Iowa area you don't want to miss the CHA preview happening this Tuesday and Wednesday (February 15 and16) at A Walk Down Memory Lane. Not only will you get to see the new papers and accessories that Lisa ordered for the store when she was at CHA, but some of the new lines will even be available for purchase for the first time at the party. AWDML’s in store design team has been hard at work coming up with layouts, cards, and projects to inspire you using the new products. At last count I've completed 9 layouts, 1 mini album, 1 project, and I'm not done yet. I'm also not the only one creating. There's going to loads and loads of inspiration! Here's a little sneak:


Now on to the journal. Here's a fun project I made from a Fiskars journal. The cover was plastic, and there is lined paper inside. I decided to make a book to track all the funny, sweet, and crazy things my kids (2 yrs and 4yrs) say this year. When they say something notebook worthy I just grab the book, write the date, which kid said it, and what he said. There's also a little pencil case attached to the book. I made month tabs, and am slipping them into the book as needed.

The Things They Say Journal
Paper: Imaginisce Black Tie Optional (Raindrop Reflections), Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli (Clove Fresh Garlic)
Accessories: Maya Road Trinkets Medallion Flowers (Black), Maya Road Pleated Satin Ribbon (Red), Basic Grey Alphas
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Extra Bits: Journal with lined paper

No comments: