Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sister Thing


It's no secret I love playing along with My Mind's Eye's Monthly Sketch Challenges. As much as I enjoy creating my own layout, it's just as much fun seeing what everyone else does as well. After the challenge closes, MME posts a photo album on their blog with everyone's entries. I'm always amazed how 1 sketch can translate to so many beautiful pages.
Okay, on to the main event. The theme for this month's challenge is "It's a ______ thing." Here's the sketch:Here's my 2 page take:

A little bit of back story on this. In September I went to visit my sister out in Phoenix (while my wonderful husband played Mr. Mom at home). It was a short trip that we packed with all sorts of fun stuff including a trip to a wildlife park. We got to meet this guy up close and personal.

With all the cute safari animals, I thought MME's Alphabet Soup papers would be a fun way to scrap the pictures from the animal park.I added some paper piecing, a lot of hand stitching, some Lush Brads, and some Jenni Bowlin Buttons to complete the layout.

No comments: