Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random



I've got 2 random layouts today. Both were created last month using new goodies from CHA. I tried to think of some clever way to tie them together in a blog post, but there really isn't one. I just like them both a lot.

The first is a layout I made with Pink Paislee's Old School Line. I love the deep rich colors in this line, and while I didn't use it for its intended purpose (school pics), I still think it's great.I used a linen thread to stitch along the seam and to attach the buttons. It went beautifully with the colors of this page. I used my Silhouette to cut the bracket shape and the small tag the "6 mo" is on.

The second layout is a Christmas layout with My Mind's Eye I Believe collection. This is a great Christmas line. The paper has a bit of sparkle, there are really fun matching brads, chipboard (that also sparkles), and ribbon, and the colors are traditional but not dark. As you can see, I used it all here; paper, ribbon, chipboard, brads. I stitched the "ribbon" that the ornaments are hanging from, and then used the same thread to tie onto the ribbon strip.

So that's it: 2 random layouts. I hope you enjoyed them! If you live in the area of NW Iowa, and want to see these in person, you can see them at A Walk Down Memory Lane.

No comments: