Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crate Paper Layout and a Glue Dots® Tip


Crate paper's monthly sketch challenge is going on right now. I've been wanting an excuse to use their gorgeous Restoration line, and when this sketch came out, I knew I finally had a good one!
This is the sketch:I love this photo of my grandma and was happy to finally have my own copy down on a layout:The 3 papers behind the photo pull out to reveal journaling:The flowers were made with my Silhouette, and the beautiful centers are brads from the Restoration line. Now it's time for the Glue Dots® tip: There is a bit of stitching along the sides of the journaling pocket. This stitching was done by hand, using a stitching template from Bazzill. I figured out that you can use the Removable Glue Dots® to hold the template in place while you are piercing your holes. It makes the piercing go a lot faster and keeps the template from moving around. I had a total Eureka! moment when I figured this out. Finally, here's one last detail shot of the layout. If you're wondering how I knew June 12, 1950 was a Monday, I'll let you in on my secret...I Googled it! I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

No comments: