Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Okay, I know it's a little early...


I'm sure it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but A Walk Down Memory Lane just got their CHA Fancy Pants order in, and I'm in love. I was able to play with some of the Tradition line that Lisa brought back with her, but now that she has her order I have access to the whole line!!! I just had to make this:

I don't normally do shabby chic, but as I started to put this together, it just seemed to lean that direction, so I went with it. The paper is from Fancy Pants Tradition. I cut the ornament shapes with my Silhouette, then I pieced patterned paper behind the ornaments to give a multi-colored look to them. The frame is from IKEA and is a shadowbox style frame that measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I used Glue Dots® glue lines to attach the ribbon. This adhesive did an amazing job of attaching ribbon to ribbon, ribbon to the wood frame, and ribbon to paper. The green satin ribbon and the red velvet ribbon are from Fancy Pants Tradition. The green pleated ribbon is from Maya Road. It's a bit hard to tell, but the green ribbons are attached to the frame and the red ribbon is attached to the paper inside the frame. In person, it gives the project some nice dimension. If this inspires you to get in the Christmas crafting mood, check out Moxie Fab world. Last week they celebrated the release of Holiday Cards & More. They have a number of Christmas themed contests going on...I think I might just enter this in "The decor to make the season bright" challenge.

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

4 comments:

Kelly Sas said...

Yes! Enter it!

Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie said...

very cute idea! thanks for sharing!

Jessi Fogan said...

I want to touch it! lol I love that scalloped velvet - just gorgeous - and the rhinestone & pearl 'strings' for the ornaments are such a neat little detail. Good luck in the contest!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Samantha! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Decor to Make the Season Bright challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)