Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scrapin' Away the Blues

It's been a little sad around our household the past few days. Our much loved Basset, BoDean, slipped a disc sometime Sunday night and no treatment worked. He was paralyzed and in pain, so yesterday he was put to sleep. He was only 6, so it was quite unexpected. He was an awesome dog, and will be missed.
Truthfully, I'm not quite ready to scrap a bunch of Bo pages yet, but when I'm sad I like to channel that into something creative. I've had the photo and some papers sitting out for a while, so I finally sat down and made this layout.
I used papers from Pink Paislee's Queen Bee Collection. The soft muted colors compliment this canoeing picture so well. I also thought this pop of purple added something extra. I achieved that pop of color with another one of my new favorite products, Pink Paislee Artisan Tape. It's all of my favorite things: pretty, versatile, and inexpensive! The brads are from My Mind's Eye Lush and the letters are from Basic Grey. One more product I'd like to mention are these Artisan Elements from Pink Paislee:
These are so fun and different, that you just have to see them in person. You can ink them, paint them, or use them plain.
Thanks for letting me share as I scrap away the blues.

1 comment:

Jeanne Forsyth said...

This layout is just gorgeous! Your creativity is amazing. So sorry for you loss of BoDean. I'v enjoyed browsing your blog - will be back!