Friday, May 7, 2010

Fun with Crate Paper

Back in December I was introduced to Crate Paper when I picked it out at my Local Scrap Store to make this project. I fell in love with the texture of this paper. It's thicker than a lot of the paper out there, and has a sturdy feel, but still cuts easily with my Silhouette. A month or 2 ago I stumbled across Crate Paper's Brook collection. These papers are just perfect for a mom who has 2 boys to scrap. They are beautiful, versatile, and not theme-y. I grabbed every paper in the line and a set of matching journaling stickers. Here's where I blush with embarrassment...I brought them home and got side tracked and I didn't uses them. Well, Crate Paper just published their first ever sketch challenge on their blog. This was just the motivation I needed to dig into my Crate Paper papers! In fact, I made 2 layouts based on the sketch.
Here's the sketch:
And here's a layout of my youngest (who just happens to turn 2 today):
As you can see, for this layout, I followed the sketch pretty closely. I love layers, so I couldn't help but add a few extra to the sketch. What I love about playing with sketches, is that you can flip and change them a bit and you'll feel like it's a whole new page. Here's what I mean:

I rotated the sketch 180 degrees...looks like a totally different sketch than the page above, but it isn't . Instead of a small photo, I added the business card from the place we went skydiving. Also, instead of flowers, I added journaling spots all the way down the page. The papers on both layouts are from CP's Brook Collection, as are the Journaling Stickers.
If this sketch has your mind running wild, you can check out all the details on the contest here on CP's blog.

4 comments:

mommyof5kidz said...

Just beautiful! I LOVE the belly pics! So stinkin' adorable!

Melinda Spinks said...

I can definitely relate to buying products and then not getting around to using them :)
Love both layouts and that 'belly' is just too cute indeed!

Marielle said...

These are both beautiful....look at cute little belly !!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving sweet comments !! :)

Kelly Sas said...

Great take on this LO! LOVE everything about these pages - pictures, color, embellies - EVERYTHING! Great job.