Monday, June 29, 2009

Fish Pun Fun!

I floundered a bit with the title of this post, but I thought most of you could handle a few cheesy fish puns. I know I need kelp, but I'm having a whale of a time coming up with them. Enough silliness now, and on to the porpoise of this post...the cards! Both cards use paper from Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel Line called "School's Out." This paper is bold, bright, and boat loads of fun. The cards also use stamps from SU!'s new stamp set Circle Circus. This set reeled me in. Additionally, I used the "get whale soon" stamp from Pun Fun (SU!) for the first card. Don't be koi, take a peek at the card below.



Additional items used:

Card stock – Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
Ink – Basic Brown, Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
Copic Markers
Ribbon – Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
Scallop Edge Punch (SU!)
Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)

Now on to card two. This card dances to a different tuna. It is called a flip flop card. Beate over at Splitcoast Stampers created a great tutorial for this card style. Just follow this link. So you don't think I'm shellfish, I'll post 3 pictures of this card and the "recipe" after the pictures. Just in case you can't reed the sentiment it says "No trout about it...without you I would flounder!"

The front of the card:

An action shot of the card opening:

The card fully open:

Items used:

Paper – School’s Out (Snorkel Line by Cosmo Cricket)
Card Stock – Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango (SU!)
Stamps – Circle Circus (SU!)
Ribbon – Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)
Word Window Punch (SU!)
Photo Corner Punch (SU!)
Sentiment was computer printed on Whisper White card stock.

Now don't be bassful, leave a comment and let me know what you think of all this fish pun fun!

No comments: