Friday, October 7, 2016

Gamer Birthday Layout

I feel like I've been doing a lot of paper crafting lately, but not a lot of scrapping, so I've decided to carve out a little time to get some layouts done. Up first is a layout from my son's 10th Birthday party. Here's my finished Gamer Birthday Layout.


My son requested a video game themed birthday party. You can find some of the decorations I made for the party here. We make the cake every year, too. I tend to do any baking, all over frosting, and sculpting out of fondant. My husband does any detail/drawing/fancy piping work with frosting. This year he also carved the cake into the shape of a video game controller for me.


When I saw the video game controller paper in Bella Blvd's new Alex collection, I knew exactly what I was going to use to scrap our photos from the party. I really like the bright colors and fun prints in this collection. Just look at that great blue/black plaid! It's so fun.


As my boys get older, I'm finding it a bit harder to find just the right paper collection for their photos. Alex is a great collection for when your boys are out of that little boy age, and you need some boy paper that's a little more mature.


I hope you're finding some time to get some scrapping done, too and that you enjoyed this gamer birthday layout.

No comments: