Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Football Sign

One of my favorite things about fall is that it's football season! I decided to make a faith and football sign so anyone who walks into our home knows where our loyalties lie.


For those who aren't football fans, the Green Bay Packer's colors are green and gold, but their throwback uniform colors are navy and gold. I made one sign in the standard colors for my son's teacher (who happens to be a big Packer's fan too) and one in the throwback colors for our house, since the blue goes better in my living room.


Despite the different colors, I created both signs the same way. I painted the wood with yellow paint. I used my  Silhouette Cameo to cut the words I wanted from SRM Vinyl (the color of the vinyl doesn't matter). I used SRM transfer tape to place the letters on my painted board. Then, I painted the entire thing again, but in blue (or green) this time. When the paint had dried, I removed the vinyl and sanded the edges a bit to allow some of the yellow to pop through on the edges.


 Do you love football season? What team would be on your football sign?

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just saw this. Totally fun!