Monday, August 29, 2016

Masculine Shaker Card

I really love shaker cards. It's a trend I hope never truly goes away. They're fun to make and fun to receive. I have a nephew who has a birthday coming up in about a week, so I decided to make a masculine shaker card for his birthday.


I had picked up some Jillibean Soup Fur Fusion to scrap some pictures of our lab, Steve, but I've really fallen in love with the colors and patterns in this collection. I decided to use it for this birthday
shaker card, and as you can see, it works great for non-pet themed projects, too.


 
There are a number of different ways to make shaker cards. One of my favorite ways is to use the We R Memory Keepers Photo Fuse Tool. Start by cutting two pieces of fuse material (a scrapbook page protector) to the needed size. Fuse the two pieces together on 3 sides.


Fill your pocket with shaker material. I felt like sequins wouldn't look very masculine, so I cut a bunch of confetti pieces out of coordinating card stock using my fringe scissors. Then all you have to do is use the Fuse tool to seal the last edge of the shaker pocket.


I used the "happy" mini placemat from Jillibean Soup's Healthy Hello Soup collection as the window for my shaker. I added a "Birthday" sticker from SRM's Planner Icon Stickers to make it a happy birthday card.


I'm hoping this masculine shaker card brings a smile to my nephews face for his birthday. Have you made a shaker card?

No comments: