Monday, August 15, 2016

Masculine Birthday Card

My dad's birthday was at the beginning of August, so of course I needed a masculine birthday card. One of my favorite birthday stamp sets right now is Altenew Birthday Greetings, so I grabbed it to see what I could come up with.


I like that even in a simple birthday greeting stamp set, Altenew offers some options for layering up stamps to create some depth. In this set there is a balloon stamp and a stamp to create the effect of light shining off the balloon. I decided to use those stamps to create the background for my card.


To keep a masculine feel to the card I wanted to keep the colors a bit more masculine so I used blue, orange, and yellow. I used 2 shades of each color, one lighter and one darker. I stamped the balloon first in the lighter color, and then the shadow on the balloon in the darker shade of the same color.


I finished up with a simple birthday greeting. A straight font also helps lend a masculine feel to the card. When is the last time you had to make a birthday card for a guy in your life?

No comments: