Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Field Trip Layout

One of the best parts about school is going on field trips. I love going along with my kids and watching them interact with their friends. Today I'm sharing a field trip layout documenting the fun we had on my son's 3rd grade trip. 


I made sure to pick up a few of the Iowa papers from Echo Park's State Side collection. We actually live close to South Dakota, so many of my kids' field trips end up in South Dakota. We finally had a field trip that stayed in Iowa, so I didn't hesitate to use my Iowa state paper.


I wanted to use the state shape to frame my photo, so I made sure my photo collage fit inside the state shape. I also clustered my embellishments and journaling around the photo and corners of the layout in a way that wouldn't obstruct the state shape printed on the paper.


I love that this field trip layout gets to mix a bit of memory documenting and state pride. What state are you from?

No comments: