Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Three Photo Layout

Hello! Today I want to share one of my favorite ways to put together a three photo layout. I find myself using this general layout anytime I have 3 photos that go the same direction.


For those of you who prefer to see this broken down into its basic parts, I've whipped up a quick sketch of the layout.


Let's talk about a few of the ways you can change this basic layout up. If you rotate the sketch 90 degrees you've got a great layout for horizontal photos. Here I used 4x6 photos, but if you print one size smaller (3 1/2 x 5) you'll end up with some extra space for matting your photos with paper. You can use 2 photos and substitute a journaling spot for the third photo. Add extra layers of paper behind the photos for more dimension.


This layout was part of a much larger section in my book, so I had no need of a title and journaling, but a title could easily be added to the top of this layout, and journaling to the bottom right hand area.
I used some Pop Up Glue Dots to pop the center photo up from the rest of the page. It's a great way to add some dimension to the layout and put a little extra focus on one of the photos.
The paper and embellishments for this layout came from American Crafts True Stories collection. I've been using True Stories a lot for travel photos, but it's a great all occasions collection! 


I actually have some more layouts sitting on my "to be photographed for the blog" using this basic three photo layout sketch. Do you have a go to layout that you use a lot? To be honest, it took me a bit to even realize I was doing it because this sketch is so customizable!

No comments: