Friday, June 3, 2016

Adding Foiled Words to a Layout

Adding foiled words to a layout is a great way to add an extra pop of color and fun to a layout. Today I have a 2 page layout that uses custom foiled words on both sides of the layout.


I want to start by saying that I just don't think you can have too much of a good thing, and I love both Heidi Swapp's Minc foil (and all the fabulous embellishments she has for foiling) and Therm O Web's Deco Foil. I have lots of both, and they both work great.


I used words from Heidi Swapp's Die Cut Jumbo Words, and a 3 x 3 "fabulous" card from Heidi Swapp's Minc 3 x 3 Card Set.


It's a little tough to tell from this photo, but the "fabulous" card is covered in green Minc Foil, while "hello sunshine" is covered in pumpkin Therm O Web Foil. I chose orange and green foils to pick up the color from the Elle's Studio patterned paper I used for the layout.


Since the right hand page of my layout is a bit plain, so the foiled "love" adds a lot pizazz to a page that might otherwise be a bit dull.


 Adding foiled words to a layout is a really simple way to add some customized color. Have you tired out either the Heidi Swapp Minc foil of the Therm O Web Deco foil yet? It's really a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Julia Sandvoss said...

What a beautiful layout! And love the touches of our Deco Foil!