Monday, May 2, 2016

A Colorful Birthday Card

My father-in-law and my youngest share a birthday. I love that they get to share a special day. Both of their birthdays are coming up in less than a week, so I need a card for my father-in-law. I decided to go with a colorful birthday card for him.


I used the same Poppy Stamps Stitched Borders die that I used on the birthday card from last week. I used 2 of the dies from the set (there are 3 total in the set) to cut out a section from the center of the card. Then, I layered 1/4" strips of colored card stock in the empty space.


I wanted to share a picture of how I layered up my card stock strips. I marked straight lines to help me get my card stock lined up straight. I put my adhesive on my white card stock and then just layered the colored card stock over the top of it. 


When I was all done layering my colored card stock, I placed my die cut white card stock on top. I used a happy birthday stamp from Altenew's Birthday Greetings for my sentiment that I colored in with matching markers.


A few simple enamel dots put the finishing touches on my colorful birthday card.

No comments: