Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Makeup Themed Thank You Cards

Today's makeup themed thank you cards come with a bit of an explanation.
 

I'm not much of a makeup person. Until recently most of my makeup came from the drug store, and I didn't even own any lipstick anymore. I also have very sensitive skin, so I do things like make my own soap ( like Hot Cocoa Soap, Beer Shaving Soap, Summer Mango Butter Soap, and Shea Butter Soap), my own lip balm, and my own lotion. Recently, however, I was invited to an online Younique party, and I fell in love with their quality natural beauty products (you guys, this is not a paid plug, I just really love the products). On top of that, the Younique presenter, Julie Borges, who I order my makeup through may just be the sweetest person I have ever met. She likes to spoil her customers and send them extra goodies. Whenever she sends me goodies she always sends along a thank you card.


You see where this is going, right? I figured it would be a lot of fun to send Julie some makeup themed thank you cards to send out to her customers. I had a few designs in mind, but didn't have any makeup stamps, so I headed to the Silhouette online store and found some perfect makeup cutting files for my cards.


Julie is one of those happy, bubbly people, so I kept these cards bright and vibrant. I chose the card stock for color, not texture, so I have a mix of Bazzill Smoothie card stock and Bazzill Classic card stock on the cards, and a pop of Bazzill Mirrored Silver. All 3 kinds cut beautifully on the Cameo. I also kept the cards very flat, since I know she will be sending these through the mail.


I love that I could come up with a bit of an obscure theme and find exactly what I wanted in the Silhouette store! Have you ever created a set of cards as a gift for someone?

No comments: