Friday, April 29, 2016

Birthday Card

We have lots of birthdays coming up in the month of May, so I've been working on some birthday cards. Today I have a fun, masculine birthday card to share with you.


I needed a birthday card for my nephew, so I wanted to keep the colors masculine. I also knew I wanted to use my stitched borders die. I began by die cutting the same stitched border multiple times, but in different, coordinating colors.


Since the layered die cutting adds a lot of interest to the card, I wanted to keep the stamping simple so the card wouldn't look super busy. I chose the Altenew Halftone Happy stamp set for my stamped images. I love the look of blue and orange together, so I chose those as my focal colors for my stamps.


 I finished up with a simple enamel heart from Bella Blvd.


This birthday card has already been signed and dropped in the mail. I'll be sharing a few more birthday cards in the upcoming weeks just in case you've got a few birthdays coming up, too!

No comments: