Monday, January 5, 2015

Capture Life Leftovers Layout

Once in a while I actually clean my craft room.  Not just re-arrange the piles and file things away, but clean it and purge some of the older things.  When there's a collection I really love, sometimes I like to take the leftover bits and pieces that I saved and make a layout.  This Capture Life leftovers layout is one of those layouts.


I seriously love Echo Park's Capture Life.  It's such a fun and vibrant collection that comes in both black and white or color themes.  I mixed and matched both lines in the collection, becuase that's how I roll.  About 5 or 6 months ago I created this Stingray Beach Layout and this Feeding Stingrays Layout. When I was done with those layouts, the leftovers got filed away, and now they're all being used on this layout.

When I have lots of leftover bits and pieces to work with, I tend to make a layout with lots of layers.  to keep things from looking flat, I make sure to add some foam adhesive under some of the layers. You can see in the picture above that I popped the little camera in the middle of the O in "TODAY" up with some foam, and in the picture below I used foam adhesive under the journaling square.


The final result of my leftovers layout is a bit busy, but I think it works overall. In the end, it tells a great story and it helped me use up some paper that I love.
What do you like to do with your scraps? Do you try to use every last bit, or do you end up holding on to them and then throwing them away in the end?
Thanks for stopping by today. 

No comments: