Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tuesday Trigger

It's been a while since I've played a long with a Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger. I often see the trigger and think, "Wow, that's gorgeous!", but I always seem to find myself running out of time to play along. Well, not this week! I saw this trigger and I made time to play along.

My first impulse was to create a dress card and just lift the picture as is. I'm sure it would have been cool, but I decided to try to push my creative juices a little further. Well...even though it's only August, I had this crazy idea that that pattern would make a lovely Christmas Tree.


I not only was inspired by the shape of the layers, but the mix of colors and patterns on the dress. I also loved that the whole dress seemed to be tied together into a cohesive unit by burgundy edging, so I tried to mirror that in my card as well. For my patterned paper, I used Fancy Pants' Tradition Collection. The trunk of the tree is an SRM sticker from Fancy Sticker Sentiments Christmas. I found it easiest to use a bunch of Mini Glue Dots®to adhere all my layers together. If you want to see what other people did with this cool Trigger, you can check out the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger here.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Katie Gehring said...

What a fabulous take on the trigger! Love your interpretation and that darling tree!

Marlena M. said...

Sweet Christmas card! ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Samantha! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cat Tidwell said...

What an awesome take on the trigger! Gorgeous Christmas card!

VanessaB said...

how adorable and what a great idea!

Emsworth Girl said...

What a stunner, beautiful card, Merry Christmas!