Sunday, August 7, 2011

Scrap Room Decor




Sometimes I get an idea in my head and I just have to put down whatever I'm working on to make what's in my head. This time I had an idea for a piece to put on my craft room wall.


The frame is for an 8" x 10" photo. I used Authentique's Splendid Collection to create the background. These are actually leftover pieces I had from making some Authentique layouts a week ago. I stitched the pieces together with my We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool. The camera is a Print & Cut file from Silhouette. I sponged a little Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink onto the edges of the camera to give it a more weathered feel. I attached the camera with foam dimensional adhesive to add some depth to the picture. The canvas flower is from Maya Road. I created the lace flower from some vintage lace I happened to have lying around. The paper flower was made with about a 1/2" x 8" strip of paper. I printed the saying, "Every picture has a story to tell." and added it to the picture.

Now all I need to do is get my husband to hang it!


Supplies:
Paper: Authentique Splendid (Richness, Renown, Brilliance, Magnificence)
Accessories: Maya Road Canvas Flower
Tools: Silhouette SD, We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (brushed corduroy),

No comments: