Friday, August 5, 2011

Paper Smooches

First up, I have to say, "Wow! It's Friday and I haven't posted anything since Monday." Sorry. I'm already working on a post for tomorrow of a mini album I just finished, so I won't neglect things here so long again.
Second (and this is far more interesting news), I worked at A Walk Down Memory Lane Wednesday night and was thrilled to find out they now have Paper Smooches stamps at the store! I don't think they're at the on-line store yet, but if you shop at the Brick & Mortar store you can get them. I'm having a hard time deciding which set to buy first!
Third, Paper Smooches posts a free digi stamp on-line every month. I'm not super big on using digi stamps (there's just something about getting your fingers inky), but Kim Hughes' Paper Smooches Digi Stamps are too cute to pass up. Plus, did I mention they're free! Here's what I did with this month's free digi:
The image could really be a few different things (grapes, raspberries, blackberries), but since I have this growing in my back yard
I was thinking raspberries. I used twine from The Twinery to fill in the berries. I used a Copic marker to color in the leaves and stem. Since I really wanted the berry to be the focal point I kept the rest of the card quite basic with a kraft on kraft color scheme. I inked the top layer of kraft card stock with white ink and used foam dimensional adhesive to attach it to the bottom layer. The finished card size is 4" x 4".

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

This totally rocks! I love the twine berries. And love your cut up sentiment!

Kim Mraz said...

I LOVE your card!
(will you please send me your e-mail address? I have a question for you)
thank you :)
Kim

Kim Mraz said...

I forgot to add my e-mail address, sorry: info@papersmoochesstamps.com :)