Friday, June 26, 2009

A Little Campy

Today's card is a birthday card for my dad. I absolutely love this paper from Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Campy line (Happy Trails, Nature Walk, and Skipping Stones). The colors are so rich and earthy that I just look at it and see woods and a lake. Take a look at the card, and then I'll give a little more detailed explanation of what's going on.




The tree image is from Stampin' Up!'s Trendy Trees. The tree trunk was stamped with Chocolate Chip craft ink on Really Rust card stock and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The leaves were stamped on the tree with bleach. Just "ink" your stamp with bleach instead of ink and watch the color fade. I like to use a paper towel dipped in bleach as a make shift ink pad. The "happy birthday" stamp is from SU!'s Teeny Tiny Wishes, and was also stamped with bleach. The card is finished up with a little linen thread down the left side and a 5/8" brad on the right hand corner.

No comments: