Thursday, June 25, 2009

All Clean and Sparkly

It's been a bit since I've posted. I have a long list of craft projects to do (cards and presents for weddings, birthdays, etc.), but I promised myself I'd clean my craft room BEFORE I started anything else. Since my room looked like a paper bomb had exploded, it took a little bit. I sure do love creating when I don't have to search for my stuff, though. Well, that's the clean part, now on to today's card, and the sparkly part. I have a few weddings coming up in July, so I made a few wedding cards. Same general idea for the cards, I just switched up the color scheme to match the wedding colors. This one is for my cousin. We made her invites back in April, so I know her colors are pink and green.

This first picture is the outside of the card. I tried to keep it simple, because the inside is a bit elaborate.


This is absolutely one of my favorite all time stamps. It's from Stampin' Up! (SU!) and it's called Once Upon a Time. The words are embossed with Chocolate Chip Craft ink (SU!). I mixed a little diamond glitter (SU!) with clear embossing powder to get a glitter that stays put. The dots of glitter along the scallops were made with stickles. The flowers in the bottom right were cut with my Silhouette SD. The paper is all from SU!. Some of it is current, and some is retired.


Now for a pic of the super fun inside!


This cake is made with a die from sizzix. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE using this die. People are always so impressed by this. And, really, who doesn't want a cake to pop out of their card? It takes a little time, but is truly worth it. Just a few additional notes on supplies. I cut the scallop circle with my Silhouette SD. Just in case the picture doesn't show it well, there are dots of sparkle all the way around each of the layers of the cake. I used my stickles for this as well. Hope this inspires you!

No comments: