Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Bevy of Dutch Beauties

Alright, I'll admit that the title's a bit of a stretch, but today I've got 3 cards for you. All 3 were made primarily using patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Dutch line. This paper is soft, and sweet, and oh so very fun to work with! I wanted to show today how you can get 3 very different cards in varying difficulty from one line of paper. First, I'll post a picture of the 3 cards together, and then I'll follow up with some close ups and deets on the cards.


Now for a close up on my personal favorite:


Did you see the weaved pattern in the background? This is the first time I wove 2 sheets of patterned paper together and then cut out the small swatch I needed from the 12x12 woven sheet. This is the first time I've tried this technique, and am so happy with how it turned out. I love how the rich colors of Cosmo Cricket papers weave together. All the materials besides the pattern paper are from Stampin' Up!. I used Baja Breeze ink and card stock. There is Riding Hood Red ink and card stock. The stamps are from the Razzle Dazzle set. and I finished up the label with 2 jumbo white brads.

Now a close up on the easiest card to complete:


I stitched the button on to the flower with some white thread. My favorite detail on this card is the paper piercing just in the bottom 2 corners. This card was finished up with some taffeta ribbon, a pretty flower, and a Riding Hood Red button, all from SU!. The "thank you" is from the new SU! set teeny tiny wishes, and is stamped on a tag from the Dutch Girl Tag sheet (Cosmo Cricket).
Finally, the card with the most sparkle:

This card uses not only the Dutch Girl paper, but the Dutch Girl die cuts as well. The ice cream Sunday was stamped from SU!'s Goody-goody Gum Drops set. I colored the Sunday in with markers, then covered the Sunday in glitter. I also adhered it to the tag with some pop-up dots to really make it stand out. The "Sweet Stuff" sentiment is a rub on from DCWV.

I hope these Dutch Beauties inspire you to go out and create (or at least go out and get an ice cream Sunday!).

No comments: