Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Not a Card!



While making cards and stamping is my first love, my hand wanders occasionally into all aspects of crafting. Today is a non-card craft post, but before I show the pictures, let me give you a little back story. Recently I purchased a Silhouette SD, which I am in LOVE with. For those of you not familiar with the Silhouette, it's a digital cutting machine. I can cut so many beautiful images. One of the media I've been cutting, is vinyl. I have a 4 plate, decorative plate holder on my wall. I was sick of the plates, so I picked up 4 lovely stone tiles from the home improvement store, cut some vinyl shapes and words, and put them on the tile. The tiles then replaced the plates in the holder on my wall. Super cheap, really fun to create, and very pretty.


First a close up of one of the tiles:



Now a picture of all 4 hanging on my wall (the words read "Faith" and "Family):

No comments: