Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Large Photo Layout

Once in a while there's just no way to get a story told without scrapping a large photo. That's what I have for today, a large photo layout.


This one's a little bit different than some of the other large photo layouts I've shared. Instead of one large photo, I printed a bunch of photos as one large photo collage. I had a lot of photos from our afternoon at Neuschwanstein castle. I'd told much of the story in previous layouts, so why not let some of the gorgeous pictures take center stage.


It snowed this day in the Bavarian Alps, so I wanted to use paper that reflected a bit of that (again, I had told the snow story on a previous layout, so I'm just going for an overall feel). I grabbed what was leftover from the Scrapbooking Store's January Kit which featured Simple Stories Winter Farmhouse collection. It's exactly what its name sounds like; a little bit of winter and a lot of cozy, woodsy vibes.


Because the photo is so large, I focused on framing it with a bit of pretty patterned paper. Then I added a few embellishments around the edges of the photo and even right on top of the photo. Keeping the embellishments simple keeps the layout from feeling too busy.

Do you like scrapping large photos?

I wrote this post while participating on the Scrapbooking Store Design Team.

No comments: