Friday, May 11, 2018

Silhouette Birthday Cards

May is a busy month for cards for me. Between birthdays, Mother's Day, graduations, weddings, and end of the year teacher thank-yous, I feel like I'm constantly making cards. I tend to fall back on clean and simple designs. Today I have a couple of Silhouette birthday cards that use both the negative and positive cuts.



I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut "Happy Birthday" from a fun script style font.


I backed the negative cut with birthday paper from We R Memory Keepers Cakes and Candles collection.


Some Glue Dots® Pop-Up Dots help add some dimension to the card and helps make the greeting stand out more.


For my second birthday card I used the positive cut from my Silhouette. I used paper from WRMK Cakes and Candles again, but this time chose patterns that were a bit more colorful and busy.


These Silhouette birthday cards are a great what to send handmade greetings even when you are super busy!

I wrote this post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

No comments: