Friday, November 10, 2017

Project Pad Home Decor

Hello! I'm playing around with Paper House Project Pads today here on my blog and on the Paper House blog. I've got a Project Pad home decor piece to share with you here, and if you hop on over to the Paper House blog, you can see some cards I created using the Hearts Project Pad.


For this 9"x9" home decor piece I used the Feathers Project Pad. I went with some redish orange feathers. I punched out about half a page of feathers and then started laying them out until I could make a recognizable heart shape (I didn't use all of the feathers I punched out, but this way I could mix and match sizes without stopping to punch more).


I used a bone folder to score the feathers down the center to give them a little more dimension. Then, I used Glue Dots® Glue Lines to attach the feathers to a piece of burlap printed Lake Life Paper House paper.


To pull in more orange, I layered another orange toned sheet under the burlap paper, and I added the "beyoutiful" orange and gold sentiment from Paper House Color Washed. I want to be able to swap out my decor as the seasons change, so I attached the whole thing to my wood pallet with Glue Dots® Removable Glue Squares®. They're strong enough to hold paper to wood, but still remove cleanly when I want to swap out the decor.


Want to see what else you can do with Paper House's Project Pads? Head on over to the Paper House blog where I'm sharing 2 cards made using the Hearts Project Pad.

I wrote this post while participating on the Paper House Design Team.
I wrote this post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team. 

No comments: