Monday, June 6, 2016

Using Printed Vellum on a Layout

There are so many fun ways to use vellum! Today I'm sharing a really simple way for using printed vellum on a layout. I'm using it as an overlay over patterned paper.


American Crafts True Stories has some really fun printed vellum in it that I wanted to use. It was too pretty to cut up, so I decided to use the whole piece as my background for my layout. If you look at the picture above, the vellum is printed with all those fun clouds. To make those clouds really pop, I laid the vellum over another piece of patterned paper. The patterned paper is white with teeny tiny little aqua dots all over it.


You can see the dots from the patterned paper under the vellum pretty well in the photo above. To keep with the pin dot theme, I used patterned paper with pin dots on it to mat my photos.


When working with vellum, you need an extra strong adhesive. Liquid glue would work, but I've never been much for the mess and drying time of liquid glue. A fabulous, mess free alternative is Glue Dots. I used the Ultra Thin Glue Dots to attach everything to the vellum, and they're holding strong.


If you haven't tried using printed vellum on a layout, using the entire sheet as an overlay over a simple piece of patterned paper is a great way to start. It'll give your entire layout a soft look that you'll love!

No comments: