Monday, February 2, 2015

Cousins Layout

My kids have grown up with lots of cousins on my husband's side of the family. They are wonderful cousins who we get to see and play with often, but until just a few months ago they didn't have any cousins from my side of the family.  At Christmas we finally got to meet our newest niece and cousin (as they live quite far away from us). We only got one opportunity to photograph all 3 kiddos together, so naturally I had to make a cousins layout. 


I loved the heart paper from American Crafts Shimelle, so I decided to use that collection to build my layout.  Shimelle has such a pretty combination of grays, blues, salmon pinks and gold. It's a nice mix of masculine and feminine for these 2 boys and that sweet girl.


 I played up the gold in the collection in the embellishments. Using gold embellishments is a way to pull in some gold without going over the top.


 I also added a photo overlay from Pebbles Special Delivery. I love a good photo overlay, and the Special Delivery pack is one of my go to overlay packs.

I'm looking forward to capturing more memories with these 3.

Thanks for stopping by. 



1 comment:

Kimberly Kett said...

Great design, I'm loving your use of pattern paper!