Tuesday, November 18, 2014

At 7

I take annual photos of my kids every year.  A few years ago I started scrapping one of those photos with a list of sorts of what my kid is like at that age.  Last year I decided to scrap the large 8 x 10 of each of my boys that I hang on my wall for this layout...but that meant I had to wait a whole year (until the next year's photos were ready to hang on the wall) to scrap my layout.  To make sure I remembered what my kiddos were like at that age, I jotted down my journaling for the layout last year and put it in a safe place until I needed it.  This week I'm finally ready to scrap those photos.  Here's my oldest at 7.


It was kind of fun to do this layout a year later.  It's amazing to see how much he has changed, and yet how much his personality and core likes have stayed the same.


I used my Silhouette to cut the words out of the photo, and then slipped a little Crate Paper Notes & Things patterned paper behind the cut out area on the photo.  


I finished up the layout by layering on some embellishments from Studio Calico's Essentials collection.  Keeping it simple helped to keep the focus on the photo and the journaling.

That's if for today.  I'll be back later this week to share a similar layout I made with my youngest son's annual photo.

1 comment:

Angela said...

This is awesome!!! Great layout and love that you cut the words out of your photo. Fantastic!