Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Bulletin Board

I'm pretty excited to share this project that I just finished!  Maybe it's because I got to use both the belt sander and the staple gun, or maybe I'm just happy with how it turned out.
I needed a new bulletin board, so I made this one from an old barn window I picked up.


I'm kicking myself for not taking before photos, but I did think to snap one after I got it all sanded, but before I painted it.





I used a whitewash instead of a straight paint, because I wanted some of the wood grain to show through.
Each pane is filled with a thick piece of cork covered in burlap (I used the staple gun to attach the burlap to the cork).  I wanted to add a little something extra, so on 2 of the panes I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Mist (meaning it's color without shimmer) in Danny Zuko's Denim. I used this fun mask from Studio Calico for the design.


Now I've got to get my husband to hang it on the wall so I can start using it!

No comments: