Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fun Away and at Home

I have 2 layouts today. One uses some of my extra Basic Grey and Lindy's Stamp Gang products from the blog hop and features a little bit of fun we had while away from home.  The other uses up some of my Simple Stories papers and features some fun we had at home.


There's a great pedestrian bridge in Omaha, NE that spans the Missouri river. Halfway across the bridge is the Iowa-Nebraska state line, so of course we had to have some fun with that (look, we're in different states!  Look we're in 2 states at once...and so on).  I layered up some Basic Grey Carte Postale papers, and colored my chipboard letters with mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang. 


These pictures just don't do these letters justice.  These babies shimmer like crazy in real life! They're so pretty.  

 I also scrapped a little fun at home.  We had a blast making a mess mixing shaving cream and corn starch. If you have kids, I highly recommend you try this (outside! it's messy).  You end up with the weirdest feeling mixture, and a good hour of entertainment.


I kept this layout pretty clean and simple.  The background paper is from Basic Grey's Fact collection, but all the rest of the papers, stickers, and journaling cards are from Simple Stories 24/7 collection.


As you can see, I did a bit of layering with the stickers and added some strategic stitching to finish things off.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sandy Ang said...

loving that layered map background of your page