Wednesday, September 12, 2012

LEGO

My boys, especially my oldest, love LEGOS. I am continually amazed by the creativity that they spark in my my kids, so when there was a LEGO building competition at an area fair this summer, we thought it would be a fun thing to participate in. Both boys had a really good time, and (proud mama moment coming up), my oldest even won 1st place in his age division. Of course, I had to scrap the whole thing...and wouldn't you know, Creative Imaginations makes a whole line of Lego Papers and stickers.


I have to be honest, while this paper is really cool, it was a little hard to work with. I'm used to working with lots of patterned paper, and while this paper has the pattern (and even texture) of LEGO blocks, they're all solid color pieces of paper.  I do like how the 2 page  layout turned out a bit more than my 1 page layout.




My oldest is pretty shy, so I was super proud of him for being able to talk about what he was building to the judge.



Normally I avoid using the same large embellishments on similar pages, but since each of these pages will be going in my boys' own separate books, I just couldn't resist using this cool chipboard title on both pages.


 Did I mention my kid's love LEGOS? Just in case you're in any doubt, we just got done celebrating my oldest's birthday. He wanted a LEGO birthday, so I made these t-shirts for them using my Silhouette and a little Silhouette Vinyl.


Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments: