Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Farm Boys

My in-laws live on a small farm with lots of animals. When you're a little boy, life doesn't get much better than getting dirty on the farm. Every time we set foot at their house, the first thing out of my boys' mouths is, "Can we go play on the bales?" Of course, I had to photograph and scrap this summer fun.

I ended up with 3 total layouts. 1 of my oldest, 1 of my youngest, and one of them both together. I decided to do all my journaling on the one of them both together, so I was able to get a little extra creative on the layouts that I didn't journal on. Today, I'd like to share the 2 layouts without journaling. If you'd like to see the 3rd layout, you'll be able to find it on Thursday over on the AWDML Blog.



I wanted to have a little fun with this first layout and pay homage to where we live. Those Iowa stickers from Reminisce are a whole lot of fun, and this layout was the perfect time to use them. Let me point out something that's a little outside my norm for scrapping. See that sky paper I used for the base? Not something I would usually have on hand, let alone use. You see, the back side of the Blue Sky October Afternoon Woodland Park paper is a beautiful pattern. That's the side I would normally use...but for this layout, it just seemed to work. I paired that paper with Moxxie's Farm Livin' collection, and distressed the edges.




 For the second layout, I decided to use the wood grain papers from My Mind's Eye's On the Bright Side collection.


I paired that with some stickers from Making Memories, Simple Stories, and Echo Park, plus a button from Bazzill. All in all, it's a pretty good fit for the photo, and I got to use up some leftover stickers from other projects.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: