Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Class on Saturday

Hi everyone! I know I've been so blog negligent lately, and for that I apologize. For my local readers, I just wanted to let you know I'll be teaching my annual Holiday Stack of Cards class this Saturday. The class is filling up fast, so if you'd like to attend, here are the details:

Saturday, November 5, 10 am - 12:30 pm
Spend a few hours getting your holiday cards done. You will make 15 cards (5 each of 3 different cards). Everything will be cut for you, all you need to do is stamp, emboss, die cut, or letterpress and assemble. Experienced card makers can choose to do a double class (you must let us know ahead of time if you'd like this option) and complete 10 each of 3 different cards.
Bring lots of your favorite adhesive for assembling cards.
cost: $20
call AWDML at (712)476-3443 to register.

The picture above is one of  the cards for the class. What I love about this class is that you get a lot of cards made AND you'll hopefully learn something new. The card above uses a great technique for adding glitter to a diecut (that silver die-cut is completely covered in glitter that doesn't shed very much at all). One of the cards is letterpressed, and the other focuses on stamping.

For those of you who aren't local to the area: if you want to know more about making this card, just leave me your e-mail in the comment section and I can send you a supply list (links and all) for making the card.

I can't believe Christmas is less than 2 months away!

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

That card is GORGEOUS! Have fun with your class.

Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha,
Thanks for the awesome class today- the cards are wonderful!! I am sending the info for that stamp I got at Michael's . It's an Inkadinkado brand and the item number is 99506, here is the link to what it looks like and what else comes with it.

http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/Inkadinkado/Products/O_Holy_Night_99506.htm

DeAnn Timmermans