Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rad Science

My kiddos had a day off of school a little over a week ago. One of our favorite day trips is to a science museum that is about an hour away from our house. There's even a special exhibit going on right now called Rad Science that's all about the physics behind skateboarding. It was really cool, and provided lots of opportunities for fun.


I try really hard to balance my love of capturing memories with being able to put my camera away and lose myself in having fun with my kids. I want my kids to remember the fun we have, not that mom took pictures of the fun that we had. So...for days like this, I leave my big "nice" camera at home, and only pull out my my camera phone here and there. In fact, I forget to take pictures of some things all together! Are my pictures as nice? Nope, but it's a great way to have some photos of the fun and make sure I'm still involved in it.


For this layout I started with some papers from Crate Paper's Boys Rule. The slightly muted colors of this collection seemed just right for skate park science.


I used some Basic Grey Hipster Brads to embellish my layout and to create my title. There is actually a brad that says "RAD" in the pack, so I used it paired with some alphas to make my "Rad Science" title.


I never seem to have enough (or just the right) journaling tags. One of my favorite ways to create space for journaling is to add paper behind some chipboard photo frames and journal inside. If one isn't enough just add a second one, like I did on this layout!


 I almost had as much fun scrapping this layout as I did playing with my kids at the Rad Science exhibit...almost!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: