Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Princess Mini Album

I have a lot of pictures to share today. I just finished making a mini album for my niece. My sister lives near Disneyland, and decided to take my niece to meet all of the princesses a few months ago. When Simple Stories Enchanted came in to A Walk Down Memory Lane, I knew just what to do with it; A Princess Mini Album.


 It doesn't photograph well, but all through the book, I used my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Marker to add shimmer to hearts, words, and the castle on the front of this book. It looks a bit streaky on the cover, but in person, I promise it's just shimmery perfection!


 I left some empty room on the very first page for my sister to jot down the date and any journaling she wants to do.


It wasn't all princess meet & greets, they got to see Goofy, too. What also doesn't photograph to well is the shiny silver paper. Anywhere you see silver (like the mirror and hello above, and the VIP below), it's actually a shiny metallic silver. Its so pretty! 


The whole album measures 4 x 6 when closed. Using these measurements made it especially easy to put together, since I could just cut apart many of the 4 x 6 and 3 x 4 journaling cards to build the base of the album.


I bound the whole thing with my We R Memory Keepers Cinch. It's the first time I've had the chance to play with my new tool, and let me tell you, it's so fun! I told my husband he'd better watch out because I'm going to start binding everything now! I have the Cinch that punches square holes, but you can also get one that punches round holes.


Throughout the book I also covered most of the hearts that were printed on the paper with similar sized enamel hearts. It's a great way to add some dimension while working with elements that are already there. 


And that's it! I truly love this line and wish I had more girlie, princess photos to scrap.


 Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kimberly Kett said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE it!