Friday, October 6, 2017

Colorful Colorado Layout

This summer we got to take road trip to Colorado. We lived there for 7 years before we had kids, so it was a really fun chance to show the kids why we loved Colorado. When we were getting close, my husband said, "You want to stop at the Colorado sign? It'll make a great picture." It was a great idea and a perfect way to kick off our trip. Here's my Colorful Colorado layout that I created with that picture.


Paper House's Discover USA is one of my very favorite collections. I love the bright colors and fun, regional patterns.


I really wanted to use this great USA patterned paper, but I'm not usually very good at using patterned paper with such a large focal print on it. I go the idea to stitch our route from Iowa to Colorado onto the map.


A single photo with journaling and a small cluster of embellishments seemed like the best way to highlight the photo but still be able to see the large map on the patterned paper.


This Colorful Colorado layout is pretty simple, but I love the way it turned out!

I wrote this post while participation on Paper House's Design Team.

No comments: