Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Emboss Resist Bible Journaling Background

I've been thinking about trying and emboss resist Bible journaling background for a while. Emboss resist has always been one of my favorite techniques, but I wasn't sure if it would work out okay. I recently had a Bible study on Psalm 90:12 (Teach us to number our days), and it seemed like just the right time to try out heat embossing in my Bible.


I wanted to create a number background to go with my verse. I don't have a big number background stamp, so I created my own from the numbers in the SRM Today, Tomorrow, To Do stamp set. I stamped the numbers with Versamark ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. It was a little tough to get into the center of the Bible, but otherwise It wasn't that much harder than heat embossing on a card. To get the extra embossing powder off of the page (before heat embossing) I just held the page straight up and encouraged the embossing powder to fall into the center crack of my Bible. From there, I just funneled the powder back into the embossing powder container.


After I heat embossed my numbers, I finished my background by sponging on some Distress Ink.


I try to push myself a bit when it come to picking color combos for Bible journaling. This one's a little different for me, but I absolutely love the way these 4 colors blend together. In case you can't see them well, they are: Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, and Mermaid Lagoon.


I finished up my page by using some Marvy pens to add the verse to the margin. I also added a few heart stickers.


I'm going to call this emboss resist Bible journaling background a success. Now that I know I can do it (and that it's pretty easy!) I will definitely be using it more in my Bible journaling. Have you done any stamping or heat embossing in your Bible?

I created this post while working on the SRM Design Team.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Very inventive use of those numbers Samantha! Love this idea.