Monday, December 22, 2014

A Trendy Christmas Card

Since Christmas is this week, I thought I'd share a trendy Christmas Card, just in case you're making up some last minute cards to hand out to teachers, neighbors, or the like (or if you're an over achiever and already looking for idea for cards for next year).  I actually think this might be my favorite Christmas card of all of the ones I have made this year. 

If you're a trend watcher, you know we're seeing gold everywhere (in fashion and in paper crafting).  I carried that trend through to my card here with some gold snowflakes and a strip of gold card stock at the bottom.   The snowflakes are from Avery Elle's Noel Stamp set, and besides the gold, I also stamped them in red, pale blue, and pink


We're still seeing a lot of vellum (it's such a soft and pretty trend), so I layered a bit of that on my card to act as a base for my greeting.  The "merry" is cut with WPlus9's Hand Lettered Holiday die set, and the "Christmas" is stamped with the coordinating Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set.  Make sure to use an ink like Staz-on when you're stamping on vellum, otherwise your ink won't dry properly. 

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas week!  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: