Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Princess Box Card

I don't know about you, but 4th of July weekend was crazy fun for our family.  We always head to Wisconsin to spend a long weekend on the lake with my family, but this year we combined it with a baby shower for my sister.  It was a princess themed baby shower, and of course I had to make an extra special card for my only sister's 1st baby.  I decided to try my hand at a pop up card with this Princess Box Card.


If you haven't tried making a pop up box card yet, holy crow, are they fun, easy, and addicting to make!  I used 2 different patterns from the Silhouette store and cut them with my Silhouette Cameo.


These boxes even fold down flat to fit into an A2 envelope (some fit a 5 x 7 envelope too, but the sizes are clearly marked in the Silhouette Store). 


Picking paper was easy.  For my patterned paper I used Pebbles Special Delivery Girl collection.  The gray paper with the little hearts on it is my absolute favorite.


It's not too often that I get to make a really girly card, so I went all the way and used Pow! pink glitter paper for the castle. Was there really any other choice?


I really love how this card turned out, and can't wait to make more box cards.  They're just so fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: