Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Felt Ornament, 2 Hats, and a Layout

As the title suggests, today's post is filled with 4 random projects.



I like making ornaments from my scrappy supplies for my Christmas tree.  I thought it might be fun to make an ornament out of Stamp School felt. I used my Silhouette to cut my felt, but you could easily just print a pattern from paper and cut the felt by hand. I sewed 2 pieces of brown felt together and stuffed a little batting inside.The heart (also felt) is sewn on over where we live. These would be a fun keepsake ornament for someone who travels a lot or someone who just moved to a new state.

I've also been knitting a bit lately. I finished up a headband/neck warmer for myself and a hat for my son.



I found the pattern for my son's hat here. I forgot to get a picture of the top of the hat, but it has a square decrease pattern on top that is really professional looking and easy to make. It's knit in the round, and very easy to customize the stripes to your choosing. My son was especially excited to pick out the colors for his hat.  Both of our hats are made from a washable wool.You can find the pattern I used for my headband here.

Finally, my last picture is a layout, lest you think I abandoned paper crafting all together.


I recently took this photo out of a frame and decided to get it straight onto a scrapbook page. The paper and journaling tag are from Lily Bee's Persnickety collection. I love Lily Bee, but I always wish they'd do matching embellishments like layered stickers and fancy buttons. Alas, that is not to be, but the next best thing is that the embellishments from My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing collection go very well with Persnickety. While it's not a perfect match they did work out very well for me since I already had them on hand. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kelly Sas said...

Love Jaxon's hat! It turned out really nice.