Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Moxie Fab, Fab Friends, and Some Upcoming Fun

You know I love playing along with the challenges and Tuesday Triggers over at Moxie Fab World, well click here to check out this week's Tuesday Trigger creator at the Moxie Fab World. You might just see a project by someone you know (me!!!).

I just got done creating a layout that will be part of a gift scrapbook. The scrapbook chronicles this past year of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), and will be given as a thank you gift to this year's coordinator. This page is of our steering team:
I used some of my favorite papers from Cosmo Cricket Earth Love. These papers are soft, pretty, and subtly girlie. I love them! I added some stitching around the edges using a Bazzill in stitch template. I used a scallop punch and a small hole punch to make the flowers. The letters are Thickers from American Crafts.
One more fun, and hidden, detail:
That little tag behind the photo pulls out for journaling. We're going to write a very heartfelt, very sappy thank you note to our coordinator on it and slip it back behind the photo.
I've made a companion page to this layout, but you'll have to wait until May 1 to see it. In case you didn't know May 1 is national scrapbooking day. There are lots of fun activities going on all over the paper crafting world. I'll be hosting a challenge over at Scraptiv!ty that uses that companion page. If you're in the northwest Iowa region that day you'll want to swing by A Walk Down Memory Lane where they have classes, crops, and a make and take (made by yours truly). Remember, friends don't let friends craft alone! I'd love to have you join me on-line or in person for some fun May 1.

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous page! Love the paper! Aslo love your TT creation! Such a beautiful bouquet of flowers. :o)

Lydia said...

Great layout love the grid and the pocket for hidden journalling