Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Masculine Birthday Card

My grandpa's birthday is coming up next week, so I needed a masculine birthday card. Here's what I came up with.


I started with a bit of an oldie but a goodie for my paper choice: Pebbles Inc Birthday Wishes. I don't make a lot of cards, so I tend to go through my 12 x 12 papers a lot faster than I do my 6 x 6 paper pads, so I still have some of this fun paper in the smaller prints hanging around my scrap room.


It's super busy around my house right now, so I decided to reach for die cuts and stickers to decorate my card. The fun "it's your Day!" sticker from SRM's Fancy Birthday Sentiments was perfect for the center of one of the balloons. When I finished layering up the card, it felt a little plain, so I added some sticker stitches as well. I used both black and white sticker stitches to pull in the black and white from the patterned paper.


This masculine birthday card is already in the mail and on its way to my grandpa. I hope it brings him an extra smile on his birthday! Do you like to use stickers to save some time when making cards?

No comments: